Are you a proactive, fast reactor or passive entrepreneur? Well, the first category is most likely to win the race in the fast-paced business environment. It does not matter whether your organization is just a start up or a well-established chain or group of institutions-web services are part and parcel of the functioning of an organization.
But, since you need to handle a number of web services every day in lieu of the varied business activities undertaken in your organization, you are best advised to carry out some research and pick out fruitful solutions that reduce confusion and offer total integration of any kind of web service you use.
In this context, it is worthwhile to take a look at a specific terminology that has been designed to serve both small as well as large programming needs. Yes, we are talking about the concept of the BPEL – acronym for Business Process Execution Language, founded by OASIS.
A brief look at the unique features of BPEL, including its components, goals and different functions:
– Business services using web-based interfaces are simplified and coordinated seamlessly with the help of BPEL.
– Both the export and import functions using varied interfaces can be carried out easily by incorporating BPEL.
– This in turn ensures more efficiency and accuracy in trading activities as they are based on the Internet.
– Using this language, you can adopt or even adapt to new business operations without worrying about the hassles involved in the integration of the workflow processes.
– Contrary to the traditional practice, today, there are more application-to-application business processes that establish the adoption of BPEL nearly indispensable.
– Through this language, you can make good use of the XML-based platform to identify and define the logic behind business processes and thereby create a binding effect of various types of web services both internally and externally.
– The main reason behind the popularity of this language is its unique ability to maintain various types of workflow processes, such as parallel, nested or branching ones.
– Through many phases of trial and testing, presently, BPEL now facilitates a sort of standardization of interfaces and automation of different procedures.
– Coping with errors and foreseeing problem areas has never been so easy- BPEL is here to identify these areas beforehand and the programmer determines the probable plan of actions in a systematic fashion.
– Fundamentally, this language has served its primary design goal- to simplify business processes that use multifarious web-based interfaces and enable the organization to adopt changes either internally or externally seamlessly, that too in a short turnaround time.
What’s new in BPEL?
As you now know that BPEL performs the function of an orchestration manager, and hence, it clearly shows the significance of central control. Hence, to allow for changes, components from XMLANG and WSFL were included in BPEL. Consequently, the external and internal messaging facilities depend upon WSDL or Web Services Description Language.
Popular names like Microsoft, IBM, BEA and Collaxa have contributed in a big way to bring out newer versions of BPEL, such as WS-BPEL 2.0, which has notable changes like:
– Clearer definition of composition and semantics
– Inclusion of new activities, such as extension, validate, compensate and repeat
– Variable initialization and transformation
– Easy access to variable data
– Introduction of a new Handler-for Termination identification and implementation
So, what are you waiting for? Before it’s too late and your competitors get smarter, get your package of BPEL installed and get it going to start getting effective ROI from business operations in the shortest TAT. Ultimately, it’s the numbers that count and decide who the real market leader is!